A SMALL INVESTMENT PRODUCES BIG RESULTS
The YMCA’s Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring
Program helps participants:
Reduce their blood pressure by identifying patterns and trends on which to take action
- Better manage their blood pressure over time
- Increase their awareness of triggers that elevate blood pressure
- Improve their knowledge of heart-healthy eating habits
- Enrich communication with their health care provider by sharing self-monitoring results
TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be diagnosed with high blood pressure
- Not have experienced a recent cardiac event (within the last year)
- Not have atrial fibrillation or other arrhythmias
- Not be at risk for lymphedema
YMCA membership is not required to participate in the program.
To date, the Decatur County Family YMCA has serviced over 70 participants with our 16-week, Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring Program.
- 85% of our participants saw changes in their Blood Pressure during those 2 months
- 49% of our participants saw both a 6 point change in their systolic pressure and a 3 point change in their diastolic pressure
- At least 10% of our participants made changes to their blood pressure medication regime by knowing what triggers affected their blood pressure and by following up with their primary care physician. Most of those participants actually had a decrease made to their blood pressure medication!
Sign up now for this program and start seeing results like this. Cost is FREE!
Mondays at the YMCA 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Wednesdays at the YMCA 9:30 am – 10:30 am